UNIDA QUALITAT I PREVENCIÓ, through audits carried out by specialized personnel in the client’s work centres, evaluates the management and the measures adopted, with respect to the recommendations of the WHO (World Health Organization) and the health authorities, in order to prevent and respond to the risk of SARS-CoV-2 spread.
The certification includes the analysis of different issues, both health and occupational risk prevention, in order to ensure the safety of customers and employees, regardless of the area in which they work. Therefore, the hygienic and preventive measures derived from the different processes involved in the organization will be analysed:
- Management of SARS-CoV-2 transmission risks in the organization.
- Organizational measures and protocols to minimize risks of SARS-CoV-2 transmission.
- Good cleaning and disinfection practices.
- Waste management.
- Occupational Health Management and Personal Hygiene Measures and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Transport of employees.
- Training and information for employees.
- Communication with stakeholders.
- Contingency plan and business continuity.
The audits will be carried out following the methodology established by the international reference standards under the indications of the ISO 19011: 2018.
The entire process is evaluated on an ongoing basis by our Evaluation Committee, which oversees the results of each evaluation by approving or denying the issuance of the certificate “Certificat d’Unida de Bones Pautes enfront la Covid19”.
BENEFITS OF THE CERTIFICATE
- Stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus around the organization.
- Provide the necessary safety and health to potential customers and employees of the organization.
- Increased trust and credibility by demonstrating to third parties a commitment to public health.
- Differentiation, improvement of the reputation and recognition in front of clients and workers.
- Competitive advantage, in processes of homologation and selection of providers of private accounts and public tenders.
- Contribution to the business, collaborating in the achievement of business objectives in a sustainable way.
- Control of social and occupational risks in the company and in the supply chain.
WHO MAY BE INTERESTED
The certificate “Certificat d’Unida de Bones Pautes enfront la Covid19” is applicable to any type of organization, whether public or private, national or international, that has the need to ensure its stakeholders compliance with the protocols, related to the good management of the hygiene of its products and services, the health of its customers and that of its employees. This certification can be carried out in both national and international workplaces.
A non-exhaustive list of companies and organizations to which this certification is addressed are:
- Hotel and restaurant companies (hotels, aparthotels, restaurants, catering companies and collective canteens).
- Organizations of the social health sector (geriatric residences, day centers, hospitals, medical consultations, dental centers, physiotherapy centers)
- Cleaning and disinfection companies.
- Producers, transporters, suppliers of equipment for the agri-food industry, packaging material and any other activity that is directly or indirectly involved in the food chain.
- Organizations for the management and realization of public, social and sporting events.
- Sports centers, gyms and collective swimming pools.
- Organizations with work centers with a large number of face-to-face workers.
- Organizations selling products to the public. Retail and shopping centers, franchises.
- Institutions and educational centers (schools, universities, PTA).
WHY CHOOSE UNIDA QUALITAT I PREVENCIÓ?
Unida Qualitat i Prevenció, apart from having the support of experts in environmental and health consultancy and specialists in disinfection tasks such as Prevencontrol, has a multidisciplinary team of technicians in occupational risk hazard prevention, doctors specializing in preventive medicine and auditors. in management systems, having the corresponding accreditations for the performance of regulatory audits in:
- Occupational health and safety management system, OHSAS 18001: 2007
- Environmental management system, UNE-EN ISO 14001: 2015
- Quality management system, UNE-EN ISO 9001: 2015
- Energy efficiency management system, UNE-EN ISO 50001: 2011
- Social and Corporate Responsibility, UNE-EN ISO 26000
- Quality of service for small businesses, UNE 175001
- Biosphere certification for the quality of the tourism sector
PROCESS AND METHODOLOGY
Designation of the Audit Team:
- This team, made up of a technician in occupational risk prevention, a doctor specializing in preventive medicine, an auditor in management systems and engineers and technicians specializing in the control and hygienic-sanitary analysis, will carry out the audit activities in a detailed and rigorous way, detecting strengths and weaknesses of the organization.
- The Audit Team prepares and delivers the Document that establishes the planning of the actions and activities to be carried out during the audit days.
- The Audit Team reviews in cite at the work centers the organization’s compliance with the standard / reference.
- Review of activities, processes, equipment and facilities.
- Interview with staff of the audited centers.
- The audit report is issued, with the objective results of the fieldwork, as well as the nonconformities detected during the audit.
- The company must define a corrective action plan. The organization is given a period of one month to resolve the detected nonconformities.
Emission of the certificate:
- Once the nonconformities have been closed the certificate will be issued.
CONTROL AND AUDIT POINTS
- Management of SARS-CoV-2 transmission risks in the organization
The risk management approach will need to be structured to manage uncertainty regarding the threats posed by the coronavirus pandemic through a sequence of activities that include the identification, analysis and assessment of the risks of coronavirus pandemics, in order to establish relevant strategies for its treatment.
- Organizational measures and protocols to minimize risks of SARS-CoV-2 transmission
Effectiveness of the organizational measures adopted or planned, as well as the established action protocols, based on the recommendations of the internationally recognized best practices for the management of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Good cleaning and disinfection practices
Cleaning and disinfection practices adopted or planned, reviewing the materials and products used or necessary, the cleaning methods used, the planning of surfaces and equipment to be cleaned and disinfected, the existence of a cleaning procedure in the event of an outbreak or of increased concern, checklists and management tools, recommendations on flow at each stay, hygiene measures and use of protective equipment for cleaning staff, and application of good cleaning practices and, if necessary, carrying out laboratory analyses. The infection detection method will be done by PCR and the disinfection control method is by the measure of a crop.
- Waste management
Waste management that may have an impact on virus transmission. Analysing the entire process that includes the necessary activities, starting with the collection of these and their transport to the appropriate facilities, so that this activity generates the least risk to public health and the environment.
- Occupational Health Management and Personal Hygiene Measures and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Aspects of the occupational health of the organization, which may have an impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Specifically including an analysis of the effectiveness of the hygiene measures available to people and the adequacy of the protective equipment used in the organization.
- Transport of employees.
Effectiveness of “in itinere” transport systems for working people, as well as the transport required for their professional activity, reviewing the means of transport and the practices implemented or planned for this activity.
- Training and information for employees
Preventive training provided to workers regarding the risks arising from the new SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, as well as the adequacy of the information provided to all people, based on the recommendations of the health authorities for the management of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Communication with stakeholders
The adequacy of the communication provided to all stakeholders regarding the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the organization will be assessed.
- Contingency plan and business continuity
Contingency plans implemented in the organization, as well as business continuity plans, in the event of any contingency linked to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The intensity and number of annual audits depend on the characteristics of the client (number of employees, work centers, activity, etc.).
Failure to pass the audit / evaluation implies the need for an extraordinary audit within a maximum period of 30 days.
The contracting of the audit service does not guarantee the passing of this one nor of obtaining the certificate “Certificació UNIDA de Bones pràctiques enfront de la COVID19”.
Establishment of a reporting mechanism and reporting of possible breaches that could lead to extraordinary audits or the withdrawal of the certification.